Monday, February 3, 2014

Only one more email left.






 


The Final count down...:(

Well this being my last full week as a missionary, I am not sure what to expect at the moment. All that I know how to do, is to do missionary work and to finish strong! This week is going to fly by, with the temple trip tomorrow and our Zone pday today! There is lots of stuff to do and not enough time to put it into the good old missionary planner:) Over all I am excited to move on to new things, but will always miss the wonderful experience it is to be a missionary! It’s exciting to here that Paul is going to Minnesota! Where ever you go, there is always plenty of people that need help and the gospel.

Last week is one to remember! We had so many experience and so many lessons, that I am pretty sure I forgot everything that happened.. haha but thankfully I have a planner to look back through. The most exciting news that I have to share is about M.... G.....! She is planning on getting baptized on Feb. 12th, the day before I go to transfers!!! All she has to do is live the word of wisdom and she will be set! As well she asked me to baptize her...I am excited to do so.. I just pray she makes it through the next week!

It honestly just felt like the Lord totally took over this week as we went out preaching the Gospel! I haven't ever had a week flow like this.. well maybe and I can remember.. haha. Really though I feel so blessed to be here in Osky at this time of change and hastening of the work!

Elder Younger and myself went on exchanges here in Osky, Elder Younger is serving in Centerville. So we had a day planned out that wasn't super solid but turned into a miracle day! We had a lesson and a dinner set up with the M..... family. We were hoping to teach sister M.... friend L..., that we’ve been trying to meet with for the last few weeks. We jumped into our lesson with the M..... family and hoped that L.... would show up to pick her kids up, so we could she if she wanted a lesson. She ended up showing up early and I turned and asked her if she wanted to have a lesson. She said, after a few seconds of thought, How long will it take?.. and we were like as long as you want, and she’s like, alright let’s do it! haha it was so awesome and the Lord planned that one out for sure. The lesson on the restoration went really well and we have an appointment with her today.. hopefully it goes well:)

We also taught a guy named G.... W........ he’s a hiphop rapper! Super awesome guy.. too bad he lives in Des Moines.. I might just have to buy his album.. he’s also a gospel rapper too.. which makes it just a little bit better:) haha fun times in Oskaloosa!

I just thought I would reflect for just one moment on the past 2 years! All I can really say, is WOW! The mission has changed who I am and will be forever. There is nothing more important that I could have done in my life.. really though.. at least to this point:) Faith makes sense, Repentance is real, Baptism is so essential, The Holy Ghost is our guide, And Enduring to the End is not easy, but is totally worth it! I can’t express all the words that I would like to, but I hope through time everyone may grasp the importance of these principles, because they are life changing!

I give my thanks to all of you, who have helped me get to this point, whether big or small!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

LOVE ELDER KIRTON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment