Monday, March 18, 2013


Dear Family, ... the best ever....!

 

Thanks!! The article was a big surprise to us as well, we didn’t know that it was going to be such a big hit... I hope that it will help the missionary work grow a ton in Mason City. I was super sad to leave that place, but the lord has called me to another place for the moment. I am serving in Waukee, Iowa, which is right by Des Moines. It is such a great place and a very nice one at that. I am super happy to have this opportunity to serve him with a great elder..his  name is Elder Meservy. He’s from Salem Utah. We are going to have a couple of great transfers here.. I can just fill it. It’s been really stressful for the last couple of days.. But it’s nothing new, being in a new area with all new people. I am loving it though :) There is 3 times as much stuff to do as a zone leader than a district leader.. It’s definitely the hardest thing that I’ve ever done.. but it’s something I wouldn’t trade for anything else.. The atmosphere is a lot different here as well.. I guess I mean the how the everything is here. The areas here a lot smaller, do to the fact that there are a lot more members and people here. Its kinda like back home.. there are three wards in the building that we go to, in all of my last areas there has only been one. It’s super awesome though. There was a baptism on Saturday that I had the opportunity to see, that the missionary here before taught. The work here is really fast paced and there’s a lot of stuff going on.

I just want to say thank you to everyone that has written me in last few weeks or months... sorry for not getting back to you sooner... there is just so much going on right now that it is hard to keep track of everything right now. I promise that it’s not because I hate you or anything... I will do my best to get out a few here and there, but I can’t promise a whole lot for the moment. I really do love you all and appreciate everything that you do for me.

So for the apartment.. I guess if you can call it that.. haha we live in a members home here in Waukee that let’s just say is absolutely huge! It’s super nice... We are having a great time! The members here are really nice and they love to do missionary work! The last area was great at being missionaries too.. I would invite everyone to be their own missionary and invite someone to the Gospel.. I promise it is a lot easier than it sounds and you’ve got missionaries in the area that would love to help you out too.. To help you or anyone else to become a better missionary and member.. I would exhort you to read “when thou art converted" ... if I already haven't told you about that. It’s one of my absolute favorite talks out there. Just lay down any fear like it’s your worst enemy and give everything to your Heavenly Father and he will provide for the necessities:)

so the weather was filling pretty good the other day, but it just snowed a couple inches last night so we still have a little while to go. How about you? O and there are a ton of people from Utah that live here.. it’s pretty awesome.. The lord has really blessed us here in Waukee and I would expect to stick around here for at least 6 months... It’s going to take a month or two to get everything down. they will hopefully split the zone here in the next transfer or two.. because there are a ton of missionaries that we have to keep track of right now.. like 28 of them.. it’s pretty crazy and really makes you stretch a whole lot.. I am grateful for it because I need it. I have got lots of years to make up for the lost time and laziness that were a part of my life.. before.

I love you guys so much!!! LOVE,

ELDER THOMAS KIRTON!!

p.s. .. So not that I don’t love the packages that I’ve received in the past, but I am really low on room right now as far as the suitcases go.. I’m doing very well on everything and shouldn’t need much right now.. but I will let you know if I do..Thanks so much! I really love the letters and the pics so you can save the money on the packages right now..

No comments:

Post a Comment