Monday, October 7, 2013

Just relaxing

Service work
 

Cool old train

Scooping up Black Walnuts
He called it a picker uper thingy.

Taking a break.

One of the districts.
 
Hey
Everybody
Lots of
Love
October
!
General conference was definitely the high light of the week for me and for most of you I hear! There were lots to be learned at this conference for me, it’s sad to say that it will be my last conference that I will ever attend as a missionary! :( I really felt the love that comes from all the members of the church as they prayed for the missionaries at conference. It’s such a blessing to be serving in this wonderful time and dispensation. Where there are many prepared and searching for the truth. I think we all need to ponder the messages that were shared at conference for the next 6 months. I don’t think that there’s anything more important that General conference, now that I've been serving as a missionary.
One thing that stood out to me this time, was the importance of families! I know that the family proclamation to the world is prophecy for this day and age! I would encourage everyone to read it and look over it. As a missionary, I have seen a lot of families that are being destroyed by the wickedness of the world today, I do not want to see that with the family that I’ve grown up in, love and care about! So please give heed to the words of eternal life. :) Enduring to the end is going to get harder and harder as it gets close to the coming of Jesus Christ, so we need to strengthen our testimonies, but most importantly our conversion! Daily prayer, scripture study and weekly church attendance will keep you safe! There really is so much that was talked about at this Conference but those are just some of the things that stuck out to me.
On October 1st.. I did something I've never done before in my life.. I gave Blood at the Blood drive, here at the University of Penn. I know that Nicole wouldn’t have liked that at all .. haha .. After I was finished giving blood, I felt great and got up off of the bench. I about passed out.. haha but luckily I didn’t but just had to sit down for a minute or two.. It was a fun experience for me.
The picture of Tod is great.. I still think that it’s crazy that he’s just up the road from me here in Osky! The mountains look great as well.. so did you guys get snow? I heard that some states got some snow already.. it was super cold the other day here, I had to put on a sweater..
For the teaching.. We were able to find a few new people to teach this week, which was really exciting! T.... is the name of the lady that we’ve just started to teach, she’s met with missionaries in the past. She believes in the Godhead, just like we do.. That they are all separate beings.. the funny thing is that she goes to a church that doesn’t believe that.. pretty crazy huh.? but we’re working on her.. we are hopefully going to teach her this week again. The other person is Sh...... she’s gone through a lot and needs this gospel in her life. She wants to change her life around.. well she found the greatest place to do that at.. haha it’s going to be a great week of finding and teaching. General Conference should give us a really good boost for the rest of the year and for the rest of the time that I have left to serve.
We received our transfer calls today as well.. I will be staying as well as Elder Cutler. YA!!
I hope you guys have another great week! I will talk to you next week! LOVE YA ALL!!
LOVE ELDER KIRTON!!! IN IOWA>> OSKY!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment